Monday, January 11, 2010

Forget 1 Day At A Time...More Like 1 Hour At A Time!

Okay, as I mentioned this morning, I've had to change my mindset a bit with this whole detox. I'm no longer looking at the big picture of 21 days, but just focusing on 1 day at a time. I will bask in the success of each day completed and will be proud of that, rather than feel down about not making it to the end, if that's what happens.

So yeah, 1 day at a time....at this point, it's becoming 1 HOUR at a time! Just about an hour ago, I was ready to give in and have a snack. I got that whole "f*** it, I'm done, I've had a good run, but now I'm ready for some FOOD" thought back in my head. I was honestly actually planning what I was going to EAT...when I went ahead and prepared my scheduled green drink and got my supplement pills ready to take. I popped the supplements, drank my drink, .....and suddenly, the urge to "cheat" passed. Thank goodness for the "feedings" (aka, nutrient-packed beverages & supplements) every 2 hours to keep me "full" and focused. I just need to make it to the next feeding.

Anytime I start thinking "Holy crap, there's no way I can do 13 more days of this!!" I have to stop and tell myself, "Don't think of it that way - just think about NOW and worry about the rest later. We'll climb that mountain when we get to it." It's just like a race - you can't sit there and think "Crap, I still have 12 miles to go!" or "Geez, I'm only done with my swim, but I still have to bike and run - I'm going to be at this for HOURS!" You just have to focus on the current task at hand and worry about the rest when you get there. So yeah, that's what I'm doing.

Again, thank you all for your support! This could quite possibly be the hardest thing I've ever done. I mean, races are over the same day you start them. Even childbirth doesn't last this long. Granted, pregnancy is 9 months and my second one was a doozy, but this involves WILL POWER. It's a mind over matter kind of thing. Just have to keep focusing on one small piece at a time.

At this point, I want to thank my biggest cheerleader and co-detoxer, my bestie - Melissa. We've been best friends since the 2nd grade. We've been roommates, we've traveled together, we were in each others' weddings, we've supported each other through many ups and downs in our lives. And I have to tell you, if it weren't for her, I would have jumped ship DAYS ago! She has been the best support system EVER and has talked me off the ledge MULTIPLE times with this detox! And she is sooooo kicking ass with this detox - she's on Day 9 and still going strong! So if you get a chance, please go give her some bloggie love and support in her detox journey, as lord knows she's given me a pantload of support this past week through mine!

8 comments:

Indi said...

Nice job!! i can't even fathom how tough this must be. Good job and hugs all the way no matter how far you go!

Carolina John said...

hang in there baby. you'll be clean and green at the end of this thing.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Wow, you're one tough girl, been reading through your last few days, way to stick it out!!

teacherwoman said...

Good idea... think of it as a race! You are rockin' it!

Being Robinson said...

you know i love you much! so proud of you. you need to be proud!

Melissa said...

Awwww - thanks, Holmes! Of COURSE I'm your cheerleader! I wasth gonna do a sthplit for you guys, too! haha

I feel like I should be thanking YOU for being the one to introduce me to this whole detox idea in the first place! I am feeling better than ever, and am skinnier than I've been in 6 years! I'm so proud of you for powering through. Just imagine how truly mouth-watering real food is going to taste when we're done with this! It'll probably be orgasm-inspiring!

Tara said...

Mind over matter girl. You can do it! I honestly don't know how you are doing it (I would go mad), but you CAN DO IT. I

Melissa said...

You know what? This detox's BALLS are showing, and you're about to kick it in the SACK! Keep on truckin', homeskillet.