Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jan 12 & 13 - Workouts

Monday, January 12, 2009 - 50 minute yoga class

Surprisingly, I was pretty sore from yoga today! I mean, I realize that I used a lot of muscles that I don't normally use. I guess I'm just used to being sore from a workout that gets my heart rate up and makes me sweat. Yoga did neither for me. But I def feel good about it today. I'm excited to add it back into my fitness program.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 45 minute muscle condition class - total body workout, roughly 159 calories (according to thedailyplate.com), 30 minutes on treadmill with 22 minutes of consecutive running at 5.5 mph. Running calories = 270, total workout calories = 429.

I'm feeling really great about my workouts so far this week. I increased my running time by 2 minutes tonight and it felt great. I was getting winded near the end, but increased my time anyway. 2 minutes was my goal, so I am satisfied with the increase. That's the most I've ran in at least a couple years. I am noticing that my knees are starting to take a beating from the treadmill though. And I'm getting shin splints too, so I need to start icing.

Today I started an account on thedailyplate.com. What an awesome site!!! You just plug in what you ate and it figures up all of the calories, protein, fat, carbs, fiber, sodium, etc that you consumed the entire day! PLUS, if you enter your height and weight, it tells you how many calories you need to consume in order to gain or lose however much weight you would like in a week. For example, based on my height/weight and activity level, I need to consume 1850 calories a day to lose 2 pounds a week. It also tells you how many calories you burned according to what activites you entered. It's pretty dead on too - the treadmill and the website gave me very close figures!

I entered every single thing I consumed today and here are my totals:

Calories: 1194
Fat: 20 g
Cholesterol: 181 mg
Sodium: 1951 mg
Carbs: 113 g
Fiber: 16 g
Protein: 108 g

I think I'm going to start keeping track of my nutrition totals too.

I'm feeling pretty great today! :)

No comments: