Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Let's Give 'Em Something to Blog About....

So, over the past few months, my workouts have been few and far between. I mean, between my stress fracture and surgery, I haven't been able to do much. I started doing P90X a few weeks ago and my body quickly told me it was too soon. Then last week I ended up with a wretched case of bronchitis. But, I'm pleased to announce that this week I am finally back in the game!

Yesterday I did P90X with a group (I think there were 6 of us) at work. It was the Cardio X workout. Then at the end of the day, I decided it was time for a RUN! I met up with my friend Jen after work and we put in 2 miles. It was my first run since the Mothers Day 5K and also my first run with Gigi (my new Garmin....which happened to be a Mothers Day gift). We had to walk a couple times, which I expected my first time back. Between the heat, the humidity, the wind, the hills, and the fact that I haven't ran in over 2 months, I was pleased to finish in under 24 minutes. Best pace was 8:37 (down hill, of course). Overall, it felt great to be back. My lungs were burning, I'm not going to lie. The heat was killer. But hey....I RAN, and that's what counts.

Reality hit me Monday as I realized that my tri is in exactly 2 months and I've been out of the training circuit for awhile. I need to get my ass in gear and really focus. I've been saying this for weeks, but I really REALLY need to get my butt to the pool at least twice a week from here on out. Starting today. So, feel free to hold me accountable. Email me. Comment on my blog. Call, text, FB, whatever....just make sure I'm getting to the pool!

Anyway, hopefully I'll have more frequent workouts to report from here on out. I still haven't even posted my June totals yet...not that there's much to report, but I'd like to have a record of it for my own benefit. I'll try to get on that.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009: P90X (Cardio X), 2 mile run

By the way, yesterday was an amazing day in history, folks. MTV finally released The State on dvd after 15ish years! It was a happy, happy day in the Robbins household fo sho!

6 comments:

sneakersister said...

Yay! I'm glad you're feeling better and getting back in the game.

Carolina John said...

glad you're feeling better. now get out there and swim! respect the distance!

jamie@sweatyhugs said...

Hi there! First time poster here. Glad to see you are feeling better and you are back into training mode. Get in that pool. LOL

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Welcome back pretty girl. All the best with your journey back to being "in shape" whatever that means :)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Sounds like you've got your mojo back!! Hope you're at the pool right now lady! :D

Being Robinson said...

annnnnd.... now i have melissa ethridge flying through my mind in the middle of teaching. awesome. and yes, i am also blog stalking while teaching... only the best for my class.