Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Training Updates

Just some updates on my latest workouts. I've got some more exciting (well, to me anyway...) stuff coming up, so stay tuned! :)

Wednesday, February 24, 2010: 4 mile run (This was supposed to only be a 3 mile run...but it felt so great, I went ahead and tacked on an extra mile for good measure. It was 23 degrees out, and only 16 with the wind chill...but it was sunny and pretty out and didn't feel that bad. It's crazy, but I've found myself actually enjoying running in the cold. Well, as long as it's not sub zero. ;) And - funny - I ran this 4 mile easy run faster than my 4 mile race a couple weeks ago. The funny part is that the race was on a completely flat course and my neighborhood run was all over some hills AND with a quarter mile of snow and ice covered sidewalk that I had to HIKE over, and I still finished MINUTES faster than I finished the race. LOL...good stuff. But like I said, on this particular day, I just had a GOOD run.)

Thursday, February 25, 2010: Warm up on elliptical, P90X Kenpo

Friday, February 26, 2010: Cardio X (P90X)

I'll save my birthday 10 miler for a separate post all to itself - because it was THAT.AWESOME. that it deserves a post all its own! ;) And then I'll follow up with my February totals. :)

4 comments:

jamie@sweatyhugs said...

Yeah for a great 4 mile run!I can really relate to your cold temps. All of my Sunday runs have been in the freezing cold. I'm ready for spring!

Anonymous said...

b day ten milers full of pure awesomeness....is...in a word...AWESOME!

Keep up teh great work!

Lindsay said...

i found myself not-hating the cold recently too. hey just in time for spring right? :) takes all winter to 'get used' to it. nice job on the workouts!

Carolina John said...

running in the cold is fun. you still lose a lot of liquid though. be sure you hydrate like it was hot.