Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bad Luck & Being MIA...

Hello, Bloggie Friends. I know I haven't been around much the past few weeks...but I can explain.

Around this time last year I was pretty new to blogging and didn't have many followers yet...but some of you may remember me posting about getting into a car accident on the way to my birthday party last year. I posted about it in my other blog too. Well I'll be damned if we didn't get into ANOTHER wreck on the way to my birthday party AGAIN this year. True story. Of all the luck...

Randy and I were on our way to the bar/restaurant where the party was to be held and had just exited the highway and turned left on a street downtown. Another vehicle was exiting the interstate and did not slow down or even LOOK to yield and came barreling across all lanes of traffic going 40 - 50 mph and just SLAMMED into us. Luckily, no one was seriously injured. Unfortunately, my car is totalled and we definitely got pretty banged up. I have bruises on my legs from where my shins hit the dash board and on my chest from the seat belt. It also messed up my lower back and my neck. Randy's back and neck are pretty sore as well.

The frustrating thing about my neck injury is that I've had ongoing neck problems since I was 15. Two discs in my neck are herniated and I've been through all kinds of pain management, physical therapy, chiropractic, and steroid treatment. I've had three cortisone injections in my neck and I've had pretty much everything shy of surgery. In addition to the already-messed-up neck, add a wreck in January 2008 that totalled my car, the previously mentioned wreck on the way to my birthday party in February 2009, and the current wreck in March 2010. I went to the doctor last Monday and will be seeing him again tomorrow. I've also gone to my chiropractor multiple times as well. I'm going to be treated for quite awhile for the re-injured neck...which sucks, but in the grand scheme of things, it could have been a lot worse.

On the down side, my half marathon is 6 weeks away and I haven't ran in over a week and a half. In fact, I'm still having a bit of trouble even walking. I'm on pain killers, muscle relaxers, anti-inflammatories, and a steroid pack. But this is probably going to be a slow recovery involving many trips to the chiro and PT.

And to top it all off, it's taken me over a week to even post about it because I've basically lost all internet access at work. :( Those of you that know me well know that I don't care to be on the computer much while I'm at home since A) I'm on a computer all day at work, and 2) I'm so busy at home with the kids and trying to keep up with my training regimen, etc... So...unfortunately, my blog time will now be limited. Boo. I'm bummed because I was already struggling to keep up with everyone...and this only makes it worse.

Anyway, I'll try to get on and follow everyone when I can. I hope everyone is doing well! And if you haven't already, feel free to track me down on FB - at least I can access FB from my phone! :)

5 comments:

IzzyBubbles said...

I've given up really being able to follow as many blogs as I want...no time to be on at work anymore, and certainly no time to be on at home in the evenings. So...yeah, I feel your pain! We can be bad bloggers together. :)

Mark said...

well aren't you just a walking (well, barely) pharmacy! that is some bad luck...sorry to hear about all that. I sure hope they can get you fixed up soon and you don't have any serious lingering problems from it. glad it wasn't any worse than that, at least...that could have been pretty tragic at that speed.

Indi said...

Hang in there! Just take it a day at time and it'll get better. It was great to see you Friday and meet Randy as well. I'm sending get well thoughts so you can be all good in 6 weeks!

Anonymous said...

wow..sorry to hear about your wreck. Take care of yourself and everything else will work out in due time..

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the accident! And if they took away my internet at work, I would be a bad blogger too!

Hope you feel better soon!