Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Obstacles

Okay, so I ended up not working out Friday, Saturday, or Sunday..... :\ Friday and Saturday were just too busy with all the birthday events and Sunday I was not only hungover...but also sore from the wreck I was in Saturday night. Let me stress that everyone is fine. But Randy, the girls, and I were involved in a wreck Saturday night on our way to take the girls to his brother's house for the night so we could go out for my birthday. I went to the chiropractor and the doctor yesterday. My neck is pretty messed up, but thankfully there are no serious injuries.

I went ahead and swam a half mile yesterday. I was hoping the water would help...but I use a lot of neck muscles to turn my head to breathe when I swim. But I really need to focus on my training and I had already taken 3 days off. I know, I don't want to over do it either... But I think I'll be okay. I've got some good anti inflammatories and I'll be seeing my chirpractor regularly for the next couple months I'm sure.

So, all in all, despite being in a wreck and also consuming enough booze to kill a small horse Saturday night, I'm back on track with my training. Oh, and a few girlfriends and my birthday party Saturday asked me if I would want to run a half marathon with them in St. Louis in April. I emailed my coach about it this morning to see what she says about it. If she thinks it's too much with my tri training, then I'll have to say no. But if she says it's okay that I'm going for it!

So, here's yesterday's workout and I'll post February's totals here in a bit:

Monday, March 2, 2009: swam 1/2 mile

No comments: