Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday ended up being a day of rest. Yoga got cancelled (rescheduled for tomorrow) and I just wasn't feeling up to my run. I'm kind of disappointed in myself, but I was just drained and had too many other things to do last night - chiropractor, groceries, housework, etc. I think my body kind of needed the rest anyway. I'm just a little down because this whole week has been off. I haven't swam in over a week. I was supposed to go on Tuesday, but decided it was so nice out on Tuesday that I would rather cycle then and swim tonight. Well, Tuesday ended up being a night of drinking instead, so I did neither. And I forgot that we have dinner plans tonight with Randy's family....so this will basically be the third evening in a row that I will have done nothing. At least I have muscle conditioning today. Better than nothing. But next week, I really need to get focused again.

Tomorrow is my first 8 mile run. I'm already having major anxiety over it. I hope I can do it without any problems...

3 comments:

IzzyBubbles said...

I'm running 8 miles tonight and actually having major anxiety over it, too - I haven't had good runs lately. We'll see if this ends up being a good run or one of those runs that you just suffer through until it's over.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, I hate taking a day off. I feel guilty. But our bodies need it. And you know what? The sign that you (we) feel guilty, is the sign that you are a dedicated athlete. That is something to be proud of. Start worrying when you stop caring ;)

I hate my first 8-miler on Saturday and had a great time. I ran it outside with some tunes. I hope yours goes well. Only one month left!

Dancing Sweet Pea said...

Your body will thank you for the rest! Don't worry too much about it, you'll get back at it in no time.
Best of luck with your run tomorrow! I know you'll do great!