Monday, March 16, 2009

Under Construction

I'm in the middle of revamping my blog, so my apologies for the funky look of things right now. I started working on it over the weekend and got sidetracked...and now I've got a template I'm not super happy with, but don't have the time to fix. I have countdown widgets to a couple races and they aren't appearing correctly and blah blah blah... So yeah, hopefully I'll get that fixed soon.

I took Saturday off from working out. I obviously needed a rest after Friday's 7 mile run. Yesterday was a nice day, so I took my bike out for a leisurely ride - just 8.1 miles. The highway I take to work every day goes right by the downtown airport. I always see runners and cyclists over there, so I thought I'd go check it out. Oh - did I mention I got a bike rack on Saturday?? So I was excited to get my bike out of my neighborhood for a ride.

So I got down to the airport and started riding around and discovered that the road goes all the way AROUND the airport and the loop is almost 4 miles! How awesome is that?! The back part of the loop is closed to traffic, so it's basically just there for the use of runners and cyclists - awesome! And not even that far from home. And being that it's an airport, it's relatively flat too! I can't wait to take my run there tonight!! :) No traffic + flat route = awesomeness!

It's going to be a busy week ahead now that I'm training for the St Louis half marathon along with my current triathlon training. Today will be yoga and a 3.5 mile run. Tomorrow is muscle conditioning and swimming. Wednesday is yoga and a 4 mile run. Thursday is just muscle conditioning. Friday is an 8 mile run. Saturday is 15 miles on the bike at practice. Wow....should be interesting to see how the rest of the week goes! Wish me luck!!!

Sunday, March 15, 2009: 8.1 mile bike ride

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely admire you for training for the triathlon AND the half! Wow! I imagine tri training can get quite complicated, with all the different types of workouts to fit in. You're a true athlete! :D