Friday, March 6, 2009

Taking Today Off!

I mean it this time, today really is a rest day! My body needs it! I might take Rylie and the dogs for a walk this afternoon, but it will be leisurely and non-strenuous. This week has been hardcore and tomorrow is gonna be no joke either. So today is definitely a rest day. Here's yesterday:

Thursday, March 5, 2009: 45 minute muscle conditioning class, 3 mile run

My legs have been killing me from all the squats and lunges we did in class on on Tuesday, but the run yesterday really helped loosen them up. Since I had been so sore, I thought I'd go run the trail at English Landing Park last night. It's pretty much flat and it's also not paved, so I thought that would help too since it wouldn't be a hard surface. I normally run in my neighborhood, which is REALLY hilly, and I just didn't think I could take the hills yesterday.

Well, that trail literally felt like quick sand to me. :( My body just felt heavy and I couldn't get in the groove. I thought for sure it would be an easy run since there were no hills and it was such a nice day out (lower 80's). Well, the combination of the trail surface and the CRAZY wind just made it a challenge. I really had to push myself to finish, which was disappointing....but I did it anyway.

The weekend is supposed to be beautiful, so I'm looking forward to cycling tomorrow and maybe some park time on Sunday!

No comments: