Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Forced Myself to the Pool Again

...and I'm glad that I did.

I was soooo tired yesterday. I even took a nap after work, which I NEVER do. But I think the weekend was finally catching up with me. Traveling, plus less than 8 hours of sleep a night, plus having not slept past 5am in 3 weeks = veeeery tired me. Anyway, I was so not in the mood to go to the pool last night, but I forced myself to go....and went ahead and busted out 1500 meters! That's pretty much a record for me. And just for the record, that's the distance that my swim will be in my tri....so I'm feeling pretty good about it. It wasn't the fastest 1500m. It took a good 40 minutes. But hey, I did it.

Today is our Cinqo de Mayo Fiesta at work. I love food....but a day of binge eating is not really what I need right now. *Sigh*

Hope everyone is having a great week!! Oh, and sorry....I really need to catch up on everyone's blogs...just haven't had the time! :( Sorry, but I'll get out there and comment away as soon as I can!

Monday, May 4, 2009: yoga, 1500m swim

3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Oh Ashley! I am so proud of you fighting the urge to stay home and then kicking out 1500M!

Get a good nights sleep tonight!

Happy Cinco De Mayo! Mmm... food! LOL.

Carolina John said...

at least you could say you made it to the pool. more swimming than i've done lately.

Being Robinson said...

Nice work on getting back in the pool! I heart Cinco de Mayo, I'm eating fajitas right now, and am looking forward to margaritas tonight! WHO-HOO!