One of my favorite bloggie pals, Dancing Sweet Pea, gave me an award!!! And in my busy absence from the blogsphere lately, I completely missed it until yesterday (sorry again!!)!! I am truly honored to be recognized and cannot even begin to say how much this made my day! Especially after having a downer week last week, and now having a yucky sinus infection that I'm battling in addition, it totally brightened my day to pop over to her blog and read the kind words she had written about me! And not only that, but she throws sweet words of encouragement my way ALL THE TIME! This chica has been a great source of support & encouragement and I always look forward to her comments. She is such a sweet girl and I know that if she lived closer, we would totally hang out! Oh - and you have to go to her blog and check out her cake-making skills! She seriously needs to quit her day job and open up a bakery! WOW!!
So now, the rules are: tape the award on your blog somewhere and pass it along to 5 fellow super bloggers. Then comment on their blog to let them know how lucky they are today! When you present your Super Blogger awards, link back to the Super Blogger who gave it to you :)
This really is tough to narrow it down to just 5 people, cuz all of you out there are pretty freakin awesome - always giving me great advice & encouragement. So, I wish I could give this award to everyone....but since I can't, here are my 5:
1) Fair Weather Runner, the Self-Proclaimed Running DORK - this girl and I have so much in common, right down to our injuries, that it's straight up SCARY! We have almost the same last name and we were even born just 1 day apart, which might actually explain our "pisces-ian" similarities. She constantly keeps me laughing, smiling, intrigued, perplexed, mortified, and mostly just cracking up. There's no doubt we will meet in person one day, since we're only about 3 hours apart and surely we'll run a race together (and I use "together" loosely as she will totally leave me in the dust!).
2) Kristen the Running Lawyer is from the same home town as me....and funnily (is that even a word??) enough, we were following each other's blogs for MONTHS before we came to this discovery! Pretty crazy, considering our home town is pretty stinkin tiny. I mean, hello - we went to the same high school at the same time! Crazy! This lady has accomplished all kinds of goals this year, including her first half marathon, her first full marathon, and most recently a 10K PR! Talk about inspiring!
3) Super Dave is a really awesome guy. We "met" on justfinish.com. We then started following each other's blogs, and are now friends on Face Book. He even earned extra "awesome points" by donating to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society through my fundraising website, which helps the world get one step closer to finding a cure for blood cancers, and helps me get one step closer to my triathlon. (If you, too, would like to earn "awesome points," you can do so by clicking here.) ;)
4) Stacy is my favorite tri buddy! She has definitely been a go-to girl for me. She always has great advice and knows just what to say to get me focused. She is constantly on the go and a true inspiration to me. Her training schedule is very similar to mine, so it's fun to compare notes (and stats). ;) Her blog definitely keeps me motivated!
5) This last one is tough, cuz there are soooo many people worthy of this award. But I'm giving it to someone who truly deserves an award (and some cheer in general) right now: Melanie, another fellow justfinish.comer. I have to give a shout out to a fellow mom, and not just any mom either. This gal has been through a LOT, including seizures, BRAIN SURGERY, and recently some running injuries. She is one hell of a fighter and a true inspiration! Through it all, she just keeps pushing through, and I'm proud of her and honored to be her bloggie friend!
Okay friends, there ya have it - SUPER BLOGGERS UNITE! :)