**I also have a -hold your applause- GIVEAWAY coming up!
**But today, I'll start with a little tag, given by none other than Beka the Running Dork! And I suck, cuz I was also tagged by sneakersister clear back in July and totally forgot about it until now!
The rules are to link back to the presenter, share 10 things about yourself that your readers may not know that are true, and then pass it on and notify the people you pass the award on to!! So, here goes:
1) My favorite color is PINK!!! I'm actually a little obsessed with it. Pretty much all my running gear/workout clothes are pink and/or black (I probably need to branch out a bit...). And not just my clothes, but my fuel belt, visor, MP3 player (and case and headphones), water bottles, gym bag, etc. In addition, I also have a pink cell phone, camera, purse, make-up bag, keychain, flat iron, you name it - I have it in pink! Oh yeah, my winter gloves, scarves, hats, etc are all pink....right down to the pink hair extensions I recently had. And a large portion of my wardrobe is pink as well. Oh, it's such a fun color! ;)
2) I totally have a girl-crush on Chelsea Handler. I like to think I'm her biggest fan, but I'm sure there's someone out there a little more obsessed than I am. But I will say that I've been following her since she was on Girls Behaving Badly. I then watched her on The Chelsea Handler show, and now follow her on Chelsea Lately. I adore her and think she is soooo efing hilarious. I've read both her books - My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One Night Stands and Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea. Her bday is just 2 days before mine, so she's a pisces like me, and I even submitted the following photo of Harper to her "Big Fat Baby" segment of her show:
And yes, I had that onsie specially made. ;) I totally heart Chelsea and hope to see her live one day and maybe even get to meet her!
3) I have been parasailing, bungee jumping (at age 13), and skydiving. Parasailing isn't really much of a dare-devil activity, but people seem to think it is. I grew up with an adventurous father (who took me bungee jumping) that always talked about taking me skydiving and I always wanted to do it. When I was 21, I took my boyfriend at the time for his birthday outside of Tucson (where we lived). I felt guilty about not going with my dad, but I called him immediately afterwards to share the news. What a rush!4) My kids each have a "special number" related to them and the day they were born. Rylie's number is 7 - she was born at 4:47am weighing 7 lb 7 oz. My lucky number has always been 7, so that was pretty cool. Harper's number is 8 - she was born on 08/18/08, weighing 8 lb 3 oz. Just kinda cool...
5) I've never known what I wanted to be when I "grow up." Still don't. Actually, as a child, I always wanted to be a singer (can't carry a tune) or an ice skater. You know, some kind of performer that's actually unrealistic. But never really had a specific dream of being a teacher or a vet or a nurse like so many people do. I changed my major 3 times in college. And I now do something that has absolutely nothing to do with my degree. And I still would like to go back to school so I can do something different, but I haven't a clue what that is. Some things I have in mind are: chiropractor, respiratory therapist, or something in health promotions.
6) This year - 2009 - has been, by far, one of the greatest years of my life! I have achieved so many goals, it blows my mind. Before this year, I had never ran a race before. I had never even ran more than 3 miles. Now I've completed 6 races (including a half marathon and an olympic triathlon) and have 4 more races on the horizon, including a 10k tomorrow. I feel like I can now dream big and actually make those dreams come true! I finally believe in myself and I absolutely cannot wait to see what I can accomplish in years to come! I finally feel like I'm doing something - and that's a great feeling!
7) I'm a very submissive person. I may "talk a lot of talk" when I'm frustrated, by venting to those around me. But when it comes down to it, I'm not very good with confrontation and addressing issues. So I usually end up being a huge wus and brush things off. It's not very healthy though, cuz then stuff builds up and just ends up being worse. But yeah...I let people walk all over me and take advantage of me and I rarely ever say anything. I've gotten a little better about confronting those close to me - mainly Randy. But I don't ever confront people that I work with or my friends. I just don't like conflict, so I end up avoiding it altogether. Sadly, I think a few of my friendships have ended because I never spoke up to address our issues...so instead, I just quit speaking to them. Also, I have a very hard time saying "no" to anyone. Even if I have no time or room on my plate, I pretty much do anything anyone asks of me simply because I don't want to let anyone down.
8) I know lots of useless trivia that I will never need to actually know (like that Dwight D. Eisenhower was the 34th president and was from the 34th state to enter the union - Kansas, I can name all 7 girls from the 1996 Olympic US Women's Gymnastics team by first and last name [also known as the "Mag 7"], how magnet schools began as a result of the case Brown vs The Board of Education, and how Marilyn Monroe was born in 1926 and died in 1962), but I feel pretty much completely retarded in general news, politics, and everyday life. :\
9) I am a HUGE proponent for equal rights for everyone. This includes same-sex marriage and it angers me to my core that gays and lesbians do not have the same rights as heterosexuals. Are we not all human beings?? One of my biggest pet peeves is closed-minded people, especially when it comes to gay/lesbian issues. This country was founded on freedom - freedom of religion, freedom of speech....freedom of sexual preference, people! There was a time when women did not have rights - absurd! There was a time when black people did not have rights - preposterous! It is 2009 and gays and lesbians do not have rights - wtf?!?!
10) I heart chocolate. Like big time. I can be having the worst day ever and a simple Hershey's kiss will make me feel 10 times better. I love milk chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolate fudge, chocolate covered ANYTHING. You name it. I've eaten 3 Hershey's bars in one sitting before. True story. I also adore Dove Chocolate - so creamy! Sometimes Randy will randomly bring me home a chocolate bar from the store, and it truly makes my day. The way to my heart is through chocolate.
Okay, time for some taggy tags:
Erin, my little Dancing Sweet Pea
Mel, the Tall Mom on the Run
Aron at Runner's Rambles