Monday, January 5, 2009

Everything has its beginning....

I'm creating this blog to hopefully track my workouts for 2009. I figured since I start team training for the Hy-Vee Triathlon in less than 5 weeks, I really need to hit the workouts and it would be cool to track my progress from the very beginning. If this turns into something more, so be it. And if not, at least I'll hopefully have a log to look back on and see how far I've come.

Here is what I've done so far. It's not much, but for me it is a lot considering I've never done much outside. I generally stick to working out in the gym, so running and cylcing in this ridiculously cold weather has been a major break through so far. :)

Thursday, January 1, 2009: New Years Day! I took this day off. :)

Friday, January 2, 2009: 1.5 mile run in the neighborhood - lots of hills, 33 degrees out. 20 minutes of yoga.

Saturday, January 3, 2009: 7 mile bike ride at Riss Lake - moderately hilly, 44 degrees out.

Sunday, January 4, 2009: 1.5 mile walk/run at Happy Rock Park - mostly flat area, but only 26 degrees out. I struggled with this one due to the cold, but was satisfied that I at least lasted more than 20 minutes outside. It will get easier, I must keep telling myself that.

I am currently working on what my typical workout schedule will be like. Hopefully I will have that ready in the next day or two. Once it is ready, I will post it to help keep myself on track. :)

No comments: