Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend Ruiner...

So, the weekend ended up being a significant set back on my road to a healthier & thinner me. I will recover though. While I did workout on Saturday, I didn't eat that great....and then proceeded to eat even worse on Sunday. Saturday we had Christmas with Randy's mom, so my dinner that night included ham, sweet potatoes, rolls, etc, followed by beer and appetizers when we went out for Angel's birthday. So needless to say, Saturday was not the best.

I went ahead and followed Saturday up with a lazy Sunday of eating crap. The fact that I didn't work out on Sunday isn't too big of a deal though. After the week I had last week of overtime and caring for a sick family, I felt that a lazy day was in order. Sunday was the only day that I didn't work and had no where to be. But the fact that I ate Taco Bell followed by ice cream and oreo cake was not the greatest. I'm sure I'll spend the rest of the week trying to recover from the 3 pounds I gained over the weekend.

I'm not going to let the weekend deter my focus though. A new session of workout classes begin this week at work, so that means I will be working out Monday - Thursday during lunch at least. I will have a 45 minute yoga class on Mondays and Wednesdays and a 45 minute muscle conditioning class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. My plan is to work out in the evenings too, using Mondays and Wednesdays as training days for my tri and Tuesdays and Thursdays as cross training days. Friday will most likely be a day off or a light day of cross training during my lunch break. Saturdays will be devoted to team training beginning February 7th, and then Sundays will be rest days.

So, for the official records:

Sunday, January 11, 2009: Rest day

I will post my workout for today later, once it has been completed.

No comments: