Thursday, January 22, 2009

Jan 21 - Workout

I must admit, I'm kicking some ass this week with the workouts! Yesterday was my third - yes, THIRD - day in a row of cardio! It was so nice out though, that I had to go for a run outside. I took Cooper with me and he thoroughly enjoyed it as well. :) That fat dog needs some exercise, LOL. The only SUCK is that my knees are bothering me and I'm getting some shin splints too. I'm gonna email my coach today to see if she has any advice other that icing and taking anti-inflammatories.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009: 45 minute yoga class, 35 minute run with walking up the steep hills. Estimated calories burned (according to thedailyplate.com) - Yoga (279), run (246) for a total of 525.

Calories: 1820 (gross) 1295 (net)
Fat: 64 g
Cholesterol: 135 mg
Sodium: 3465 mg
Carbs: 223 g
Fiber: 29 g
Fat: 94 g

Honestly, I'm pretty impressed that I made it close to my target calorie intake yesterday because the department ordered pizza for us and I did have 2 slices of pizza, which was pretty much half my calories for the day. But since I worked out twice and watched it the rest of the day, I did alright. I refigured my daily calorie intake yesterday and based on my age, height, weight, and activity level, I can have 1255 net calories a day to lose 2.5 pounds a week. The 1255 is offset by any activity that I do, so the more I work out, the more I can eat. I went over by about 40 calories yesterday, but that's really not that bad considering what I had for lunch.

No comments: