Thursday, January 8, 2009

Jan 7 - Workout

Wednesday, January 7, 2009 - 30 minutes on the treadmill, 20 minutes of consecutive running!

Yesterday was an extremely busy day, but I was determined to get a workout in, even if it was just a quick run. I worked a 10 hour day, took Rylie and myself to the chiropractor, came home, fixed dinner, dropped Rylie off at gymnastics, and finally hit the gym. It was too dark by then to run outside, so I at least put in some treadmill time.

My last few times on a treadmill have not been successful, but I think I found the key to my treadmill success - starting out at a slower pace. I started out at a wussy 5 mph, but I was able to continue at that pace for quite awhile and even kick it up to 5.5 mph. I realize this is an extremely slow pace for a seasoned runner, but if that's where I need to start then so be it. When I was starting out at 6 or 6.5 mph, I was getting winded after just 5 minutes and had to stop. My goal going into the gym last night was to run 20 minutes consecutively. I was nervous, as I mentioned before that my last few times on a treadmill have not been very successful. But to my surprise, I was able to complete the 20 minutes - yay! I just have to keep taking these baby steps towards my goals...



So, in review, the first week of January has been a success. I took New Years Day off and then worked out the following 6 days, including 5 days of cardio. I began my "diet" (no sugar, small portions, sticking to 2 servings a day of the following: 2 veggies, 2 fruits, 2 lean proteins, 2 small starchy carbs, 2 protein supplements) on the 3rd and have lost 5 pounds. I did a 3 day detox, which is why I lost so much so quickly, so that will taper off going forward and I will lose at a slower pace, but that was a nice way to start off the year. I am definitely feeling good about myself.

No comments: