Monday, February 9, 2009

Feb 7th - FIRST PRACTICE!!!

Saturday was my first team practice and I'm excited to announce that not only did I do just fine, BUT....we had another girl join the team - yay!!!! She's my age too, so that's awesome! We rode together and are right at the same cycling pace, so that was cool. The route we did was VERY hilly, but def a good workout. I'm actually surprised that I wasn't sore - just my ass from the seat, as normal. Anyway, here's my workout for Saturday:

Saturday, February 6, 2009: 8 mile bike ride

After the ride, we had a fitness seminar. I learned a lot - mostly about tricks & gadgets for running. I'm excited to test some of this stuff out. I also learned how to keep myself hydrated and nourished DURING a workout - what to take/eat during the middle of a long run/ride, etc. Very interesting. I will be going to Gary Gribble's next weekend to get fitted for shoes and to also buy some other odds & ends. The team gets a 20% discount next weekend - woohoo!!

On the schedule for today - a 2 mile run. The weather is supposed to be in the 60's all week, so it will be a great day for a run! Saturday was actually beautiful out - in the 50's, so our ride was perfect. I'm so glad to finally be officially training for this tri! I can't wait to see how this all goes! :)

No comments: