Thursday, February 19, 2009

I did it!

I ran my 3 miles last night - woot! Yes, I realize 3 miles isn't that much to a more seasoned runner. But considering that I just had a baby 6 months ago and just recently started running again, I was pretty proud of myself. I haven't ran 3 miles in at least 2 1/2 years...maybe longer.

Now, I have to be honest, I didn't run the entire three miles. I did take a couple brief walking breaks. But I actually did 3.25 miles and I'm sure I ran 2.5 of it. I was able to increase my running pace from what it has been recently, so that's a plus. And I'm actually not going to let myself feel guilty for the walking. My walking pace was still fast AND it is helping to train my body to be able to recover from a walking break and start running again. I've heard that runners that do not train with walking breaks often have a hard time being able to start running again if they have to stop and walk. So when it's all said and done, I still completed 3.25 miles and that's what's important.

I think my new Saucony's are gonna work out just fine. Not sure about the patellar tendon band tho. I'm not sure if I had it on wrong or what, but it was kind of rubbing me and it didn't really feel like it was helping my knee at all. I think I need to check with my coach on Saturday to see if I'm wearing it correctly. My knee is hurting a bit today. Shins are okay (as of right now) but I'm sure I'm gonna be stiff later on. I was in such a hurry to pick Rylie up from gymnastics after my run that I completely forgot to stretch! I know, huge mistake. I did stretch once I got home, but that was probably 45 minutes after the run. I guess better late than never, but by then my muscles had already cooled down.

Anyway, here's yesterday's official workout:

Wednesday, February 18, 2009: 45 minute yoga class, 3.25 mile TM run

No comments: