Friday, February 20, 2009

Taking Today Off

Today is going to be a day of rest. After yoga and running on Wednesday and muscle conditioning yesterday, I'm pretty sore today. Seriously, this yoga class always leaves me sore. It's a really good class. I mean, I knew that yoga helps to build strength as well as flexibility, but I just never realized I would be so sore from it. I'm always sore the next day or two, but my coach said that a good yoga class can actually take the place of weight training. I've taken yoga before, but the instructor I have now is just a lot better, I think. I really do feel like I'm getting stronger from this class.

I finally made it up to my chiropractor last night and it was MUCH NEEDED. Pretty much every bone in my back and neck popped. I needed adjusted BADLY. He also did acupuncture on my knee, so hopefully that will help. But I definitely think that taking the day off today is a wise thing to do.

I have to run tomorrow morning and I have to admit that I'm super freaked out about it. It's only 3 miles, but it's supposed to be about 20 degrees tomorrow morning, and with the wind it's actually supposed to feel like 12. :( I have never ran in anything colder than probably 45. I have a feeling I'm in for a rude awakening.


Thursday, February 19, 2009: muscle conditioning

No comments: