Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Foto!

Okay, this is my first time participating in Foto Friday, so I picked a totally random pic, but it's one of my faves cuz it ALWAYS brings a smile to my face!

Background story: in October 2007, Rylie (who was 5 at the time) approached me and said, "Mom, I want to be a Dalmation Cheerleader for Halloween." This is typical Rylie - always coming up with off-the-wall ideas that are so creative, yet so random, that you often have to wonder where she comes up with this kind of stuff. Though I was caught off guard, I did not need to think it over one bit - the answer was immediately YES. I love Rylie's creativity and I will always encourage her to follow through with her ideas. And though combining 2 costumes into 1 could get costly, she already had a cheerleading uniform in her myriad of dress-up clothes, so all we needed to do was accessorize it with dalmation stuff.

So, we set out for the dalmation part of the costume, and you would be surprised at how difficult it was to find the dalmation ears, nose, and tail. Oh yeah, we had to get a collar too - it even had a little bone on it, LOL! After hitting up SEVEN costume shops, we FINALLY found the dalmation accessories. I also got some black & white make-up so we could do the spots on her face. Just when I thought the costume was complete, she said to me "But Mom, what about my paws??!!" Ugh...so I went and bought some white gloves from Wal-Mart and some black iron-on patches from the sewing section and cut out small "spots" and ironed them on the gloves. THIS:

is what we came up with! Could she possibly be any cuter?!? And THAT, my friends, is my Friday Foto! :)

3 comments:

Dancing Sweet Pea said...

AW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rylie is so cute and you're right -- how creative! She looks absolutely adorable!

Dancing Sweet Pea said...

PS: I just read your comment on my blog about the soup -- it's canned and I never thought about how much I was eating and the sodium content. Thank you for the tip and your sweet comments! I'm definitely going to cut back!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Very sweet pic! :)