Thursday, April 30, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

So, thanks to Melanie, I now have a new guilty pleasure:



First off, why have I never heard of Nutella before?!?!?! O...M....G!!!! Eating this creamy deliciousness of chocolatey-hazelnut goodness is like treating your mouth to a food orgasm! HELLO!!!! Last night I had a peanutbutter & Nutella sandwich. It was soooo good, I went ahead and treated myself to some Nutella on whole wheat toast. This morning I had Nutella on a whole wheat English muffin. Now I'm sitting here at work obessing about how much I want some more.... It's pretty much the best thing I've put in my mouth *insert dirty joke here* in quite a long time.

I ALSO tried Diet Cherry Dr Pepper yesterday for the first time as well. Randy got a free Cherry Dr Pepper at the last Wizards game he went to (regular, not diet) and it wasn't bad. I'm usually not into flavored (cherry) sodas. In fact, I'm not a huge soda drinker anyway. I'm a huge fan of water, and if I feel like taking a walk on the wild side, I throw in a packet of Crystal Light. Crazy, I know. Anyway, if I DO ever drink a soda, it's usually just a regular Coke or Coke Zero. I've never been a fan of Diet Dr Pepper. That whole thing about it "tasting more like regular Dr Pepper" is a bunch of crap, cuz I think it's the worst tasting diet soda EVER. Anyway, for some reason I figured I'd give the Diet Cherry Dr Pepper a whirl...and it's actually pretty good. So yeah, I'm treating my body to all kinds of good with Nutella & soda....way to go, Ash. LOL

8 comments:

Carolina John said...

i've heard the nutella is so good that i've force myself to stay away. you're not helping. glad you enjoyed it.

sneakersister said...

I can't believe you haven't heard of Nutella! But the stuff is pure evil I tell you, pure evil! Have you seen the calories? Ay-yai-yai! I keep a jar of it hidden in the back of my cupboard that nobody knows about, for emergency purposes.

Being Robinson said...

I haven't ever heard of Nutella either. Maybe the craze hasn't hit the mid-west yet. Did you find it in the grocery? I had to catch up on all your posts, been slacking! But great job on the race after such a crazy weekend. And I hope you get that well-deserved mothers day gift!!

IzzyBubbles said...

You are cracking me up. Do you ever watch Giada de Laurentis on the food network?? That woman makes about 75% of her desserts with Nutella in them. I've PURPOSELLY avoided it because I know if I ever tasted it I'd sit down and eat the whole jar with a spoon! I'm bad enough with peanut butter, oy vey.

Dancing Sweet Pea said...

I just discovered the yumminess of Nutella recently too! It's super good and so addicting! :)

kilax said...

Oh my gosh, you have never had nutella before?! WHOA! It is so popular in Europe, we ate it all the time when I lived there and especially when my family came. Now you are an addict!

George Houston said...

that sounds good, a chocolate & peanutbutter sandwich. I'll have to get me some of that stuff.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Sorry Ashley! :S LOL didn't mean to create another addict out of my post! oops.