Thursday, April 16, 2009

My "run" tonight....

...if you can even call it that. :\ Let's just say it wasn't the best of runs.

I'm sure there's a lot to factor in here, but mainly I think it's the fact that I hadn't eaten since about 10:45am and then tried to run at like 5:30. Bad idea. I just had no energy. And I knew I needed to eat, but then I'd have to wait a bit and I just wanted to get the run over with before it got dark out. So yeah...

I went about 2 miles, but I probably only ran half of it, if that. :\ I was just tired. Plus, my calf and hamstring hurt (I had just gone to see Jesse at Quest Performance again) and I was a little tender. Throw in the wind, and you can see I had a lot going against me. Just not the best run ever. Oh well, you have good runs and you have bad runs. I'm confident that Sunday's HM will be a good run, so if I had to get a bad run out of my system, I'm glad it was today.

Thursday, April 16, 2009: muscle conditioning, 2 mile run

7 comments:

Coachdad said...

Good luck with the HM... I have done two marathons, but it has been awhile. Can't imagine trying it all over again.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

good luck this weekend, and you're right, you've got the bad one out of the way, now onto your HM! :)

IzzyBubbles said...

Someone just told me the other day that right before his marathon, her husband could barely finish his 2 mile run, and then went out and had a great race. You'll do great!! I hope you really enjoy it. I'll be thinking about ya!

sneakersister said...

Good luck! You'll be fine. There is always something magical about race day.

Dancing Sweet Pea said...

Good luck on Sunday! You are going to do awesome! Don't let this run get you down. You're right, you'll have good and bad runs. At least you got the bad run out of the way for Sunday! :) And not eating probably was a big factor to it as well.
I'm giving you a BIG HUG for encouragement on Sunday!

Aron said...

totally agree, got the bad run out of the system before the big race!!! now just relax and get ready for sunday! you are going to do great!

kilax said...

You're right - you do have good and bad runs! Last night my 5-miler was so great I kept going for another 1.5! But the week before, I had to stop twice to go to the bathroom (TMI?). Hee hee. Sunday is going to be AWESOME!!!