Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Back in the pool...

I finally swam last night for the first time in 3 weeks. It definitely was not the best swim I've ever had....but it wasn't the worst either. I have taken note, however, that I need to not eat dinner within at least 2 hours before a swim. And once this half marathon is over, I really need to put more focus on my swimming. All along I've had it in my head that if I get too tired doing the crawl, I can take a break and side stroke for awhile. Last night it hit me....side stroke takes a lot of leg work. I need to save my legs for my cycle and run....so maybe side stroke isn't such a great idea afterall? Which means that I REALLY need to work on my crawl. Ugh.....why didn't I think of this before now?

My entire body is pretty much sore all over today. Between running and yoga on Monday and swimming and muscle conditioning yesterday, plus a visit to my chiropractor both Monday and yesterday, I feel like every single muscle in my body trying to repair itself. Today I have yoga and running again. I'll post my monthly and ytd totals here in a bit once I get them all gathered. Until then, here's yesterday's workout:

Tuesday, March 31, 2009: muscle conditioning, 1/2 mile swim

No comments: